Rotterdam Port is the oldest and busiest port in Europe.
Part of the container upgrade to the Rotterdam Port included reconstructing the Automatic Guided Vehicles (AGV) pathways. The demands on these concrete slabs are extremely high due to the heavy load work of the AGVs and other loading equipment. Mateendowel was used for the expansion joints.
The benefits of using Mateendowel™ in this project:
- High shear strength – excellent load transfer efficiency
- Corrosion-free – no joint expansion and no maintenance
- Non-electromagnetic – no interference to sensitive electrical equipment
- ¼ weight of steel – faster to install and easier to handle
- Low bond strength – no need to grease dowels
Mateenbar, Mateenbar bends and 184,000 pieces of 38mm Mateendowel were supplied to complete the project.